About Us

Mike Hefley, R.Ph.

Lowe Drug at Centerpoint opened in the Centerpoint Medical Office Building in February, 2008. Lowe Drug is operated by Michael Hefley, R.Ph., a longtime resident of Blue Springs. Mike went to high school in Blue Springs, graduated from UMKC School of Pharmacy, and has owned three pharmacies prior to opening Lowe Drug at Centerpoint. In 1978 Mike and Larry Link’s father, Larry Sr., purchased the original Lowe Drug from Dick Lowe who owned the pharmacy which was opened by his father, Hansel Lowe, in 1927. Mike started working at the pharmacy as a delivery boy on December 28, 1965, worked his way up to soda jerk, then pharmacy technician while attending pharmacy school. He and Larry Link Sr. opened Medical Center Pharmacy in Blue Springs in 1979 and purchased Marr’s Pharmacy from Dennis and Lois Marr in 1995.

Mike is married to Kylene who is a medical assistant to a physicians group near St. Luke’s Hospital. He has 3 children, 2 step children, and one grandchild. He enjoys reading, golfing and boating at his lake home in Blue Springs.